Beauty Therapy Courses | Muswellbrook
What do beauty therapists do?
Beauty therapists provide a wide range of face and body treatments. They have high level of public contact, so need to be well-presented with good communication skills. Their work requires a thorough understanding of the human body and its key systems, including skin biology, anatomy and physiology, nutrition and cosmetic chemistry.
- Carry out skin analysis and give advice about skin and body care
- Perform facial or body massage and figure analysis and advise on exercise programs and nutrition
- Use a variety of treatments and electrical equipment to treat skin and body conditions
- Remove facial and body hair
- Provide aesthetic aromatherapy treatments
- Apply make-up
- Recommend skin care products
- Perform manicures, pedicures, nail enhancements and eyelash and eyebrow tinting
- Receive payments and arrange appointments
- Maintain client records
- Sell cosmetic products and related beauty equipment.
Below is a list of Beauty Therapy courses available: