Massage Courses in Dandenong
Massage therapy is a rewarding and interesting profession. It offers full and part-time employment opportunities.
Massage Therapists are currently being employed in:
the health and fitness industry in clinics, sports clubs and gymnasiums
- the recreation and tourism industry in major hotels, health resorts and retreats
- the medical and paramedical industry in medical centres, with osteopaths, chiropractors, physiotherapists and in rehabilitation centres
- the sports industry, by sporting teams, clubs and individual athletes.
A high proportion of Massage Therapists are self-employed, operating their own clinics/businesses.
To massage effectively and with care, a Massage Therapist requires theoretical knowledge of the structure and function of the body, practical training in applied massage therapy techniques and the following personal attributes:
- Interest in health and natural science
- Physical and mental stamina
- Manual co-ordination, dexterity and sensitivity
- Patience and concern for people
- Balanced and confident personality
- Responsible and mature attitude
- Sensitivity towards clients
- Clean and tidy disposition.