Certificate III in Children's Services
Course Code: CHC30402
Nationally recognised: Yes
Austudy approved: Yes
Pre-requisites There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Units The Certificate III in Children's Services consists of the following units for study:
- CHCCHILD1C Identify and respond to children and young people at risk of harm
- CHCCN1D Ensure children’s health and safety
- CHCCN2C Care for children
- CHCCN4D Respond to illness, accidents and emergencies
- CHCCS301A Work within a legal and ethical framework
- CHCFC1C Support the development of children in the service
- CHCIC1C Interact effectively with children
- CHCOHS301A Participate in workplace safety procedures
- CHCPR1C Deliver services/activities to stimulate children’s development and enhance their leisure
- CHCPR3C Develop an understanding of children’s interests and developmental needs
- HLTFA1A* Apply basic First Aid
- CHCCN5C Care for babies (required for centre based care and family day care in some jurisdictions)
- CHCRF1C Work effectively with families in caring for the child
- CHCCN3C Prepare nutritionally balanced food in a safe and hygienic manner
- CHCORG3B or CHCAL7B Participate in the work environment (for Centre Based Care students) or Fulfil family day care administration requirements (for Family Day Care)
- Practicum (Under QLD law the practicum hours are not to exceed 240hrs per year)
* This requires the student to complete a Senior First Aid Certificate through a registered training organisation such as St Johns Ambulance, Red Cross or similar. This course is also conducted at ACCCO once per semester
Study Options ACCCO provides flexibility to allow students to complete their course in a variety of different modes. This allows students to complete their course in whichever method meets their needs. These modes are as follows:
- Full time or part time: This study option involves attending classes where an ACCCO Trainer leads students through the course or unit. Students completing their entire course through full time study attend one to two days per week for 20 weeks, while students completing the course part time spent two nights per week for 40 weeks. ACCCO has training rooms in Brisbane, Sydney, Gold Coast and regional areas.
- External: In this mode, students study their course at home at a time convenient to them. Students receive a booklet with all the required learning, activities and assessment. All external students have an ACCCO Trainer who is in regular contact with them and are available by phone and/or email for questions and support.
- Recognition: This option recognises student's prior experience and learning. Students work through a booklet which allows them to demonstrate their knowledge and skills without completing additional learning. Students are assessed on these skills and knowledge through the Recognition process.
- Credit. Students have previously achieved competency in a unit assessed as equivalent to the unit of study required by this course.
Please request your free detailed course information pack or click on the "Enquire Now" button below.