Grow your own carnivorous plants. An introduction to carnivorous plants and how they can be used. These fascinating plants provide entertainment and stimulation to the enthusiast. Nine lessons cover a range of cultivated carnivorous plants, paying particular attention to the Pitcher Plants (Nepenthes) and Sundews (Drosera).
from $50.00 AUD week
There are 9 lessons in this course:
- Introduction - Review of the system of plant identification, general characteristics of the group, information contacts (ie: nurseries, seed, clubs, etc.)
- Culture. Planting, soils, watering, pest & disease, feeding, etc.
- Propagation and Container Growing. Methods of propagating carnivorous plants. Propagation of selected varieties.
- Pitcher Plants (Nepenthes) and Sundews (Drosera)
- Other important Groups.
- The Lesser Grown Varieties
- Australian Droseras
- Making the Best Use of these Plants. In containers, in the ground, as indoor plants, etc.
- Special Assignment. On one selected plant or group.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
For More information, or to enrol simply request a Free information pack or enquire below.