Distance Learning - Self paced online study
Counselling Skills is an online course that entails the practical and psychological side of the counselling process. Through this program, you will learn the following:
- Underlying theories of counselling
- Understand a broad range of counselling techniques beneficial for anyone working with people in a social, workplace or recreational environment.
- Apply the counselling techniques in your day to day life.
Learn counselling skills in the comfort of your own home through our distance learning setting. Develop an understanding of the fundamental practical skills used in counselling. Completion of this course will equip you to conduct counselling sessions.
- 24 hour online course access with assignment upload
- unlimited tutor contact
- expert tutor
- all tutor questions answered same day or within 24 hours
- exam available -no extra cost
- payment plans available
from $50.00 AUD week
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Learning Specific Skills: Methods of learning; learning micro-skills
- Listening and Bonding: Meeting and greeting; helping the client relax; listening with intent
- Reflection: Paraphrasing; reflection of feeling; client responses to reflection of feelings; reflection of content and feeling
- Questioning: Open and closed questions; other types of questions; goals of questioning
- Interview Techniques: Summarising; confrontation; reframing
- Changing Beliefs and Normalising: Changing self-destructive beliefs; irrational beliefs; normalising
- Finding Solutions: Making choices; facilitating actions; gestalt awareness circle; psychological blocks
- Ending the Counselling: Terminating the session; closure; further meetings; dependency, confronting dependency
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
For More information, or to enrol simply request a Free information pack or enquire below or view our website at: