Already have some counselling skills, but would like to be able to improve on them? Want to learn more counselling skills? Improve your counselling abilities? This is the course for you.
Counselling Skills II covers telephone counselling, online counselling, techniques for dealing with crisis situations, how to understand micro-skills and using them in the counselling process.
Learn about the grief process, how we can support clients, the ethical issues of counselling and much more.
Introduction to Psychology
Follows on from:
Counselling Skills I
from $50.00 AUD week
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- The Counselling Session: How Micro-Skills come together
- Focus on the Present: Present experiences; Feedback; Transference; Projection; Resistance
- Telephone Counselling: Visual v non-visual contact; Preparation; Initial contact; Use of micro-skills; Overall Process; Debriefing; Types of Problem Callers
- Dealing with Crises: What is a crisis?; Types of crisis; Dangers of Crises; Counsellor's Responses and Intervention; Post-Traumatic Stress
- Problem-Solving Techniques I, Aggression: Assisting the Client to Express Anger; Encouraging Change; Role-Play; Externalising Anger
- Problem-Solving Techniques II, Depression: Counselling Depression; Blocked Anger; Referral Practice; Chronic Depression; Setting Goals; Promoting Action
- Problem-Solving Techniques III, Grief and Loss: Loss of Relationships; Assisting the Grieving Client; Stages of Grief
- Problem-Solving Techniques IV, Suicide: Ethics; Reasons for Suicide; Perceived Risk; Counselling Strategies; Counselling Skills; Alternative Approach
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
For More information, or to enrol simply request a Free information pack or enquire below.