Do you already have some counseling skills, but would like to be able to improve, enhance, and take them further? If so, then Counseling Skills B is the right course for you. This specific program covers topics on the following:
- telephone counseling,
- online counseling,
- techniques for dealing with crisis situations,
- understand micro-skills and using them in the counseling process.
- learn about the grief process, how we can support clients, the ethical issues of counseling and much more.
Online education is cost-effective and time effective. Through distance education you can:
- Study from home, or in fact anywhere, from your PC, laptop, printed notes
- Study our online courses on a self-paced modular basis
- Interact with our highly qualified tutors to maximize your learning experience
- Study conveniently with 24 hour access
- Distance Learning Courses give you the freedom to study at your own pace, at the times of your choice
- Payment Plans available
Introduction to Psychology
Follows on from:
Counselling Skills A
from $50.00 AUD week
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- The Counselling Session: How Micro-Skills come together
- Focus on the Present: Present experiences; Feedback; Transference; Projection; Resistance
- Telephone Counselling: Visual v non-visual contact; Preparation; Initial contact; Use of micro-skills; Overall Process; Debriefing; Types of Problem Callers
- Dealing with Crises: What is a crisis?; Types of crisis; Dangers of Crises; Counsellor's Responses and Intervention; Post-Traumatic Stress
- Problem-Solving Techniques I, Aggression: Assisting the Client to Express Anger; Encouraging Change; Role-Play; Externalising Anger
- Problem-Solving Techniques II, Depression: Counselling Depression; Blocked Anger; Referral Practice; Chronic Depression; Setting Goals; Promoting Action
- Problem-Solving Techniques III, Grief and Loss: Loss of Relationships; Assisting the Grieving Client; Stages of Grief
- Problem-Solving Techniques IV, Suicide: Ethics; Reasons for Suicide; Perceived Risk; Counselling Strategies; Counselling Skills; Alternative Approach
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Demonstrate the application of micro skills to different stages of the counselling process.
- Role-play the dynamics of the counselling process including such phenomenon as present experiences, feedback, transference, counter-transference, projection and resistance.
- Demonstrate telephone counselling techniques.
- Develop appropriate responses to crises, both emotional and practical. Show ways of encouraging the client to deal with aggression.
- Demonstrate different ways of encouraging the client to cope with depression.
- Discuss strategies for dealing with grief.
- Develop different strategies of helping suicidal clients.
For More information, or to enrol simply request a Free information pack or enquire below or view our website at: