Crisis Counselling Online Course
Develop your ability to effectively counsel and assist clients in times of crisis. This course provides those already in the counselling or helping industries with knowledge and skills to give specialised counselling, and will contribute to comprehensive counselling training for those wishing to work in this field.
Study with the support of experienced and highly qualified tutors. Available as online course, or by correspondence. Payment Plans available.
There are 9 lessons in this course:
- Understanding methods of crisis intervention
- Ethical, professional and legal issues
- Dangers of crises and effective intervention
- Developmental Crises
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Violence and sexual assault
- Crisis and drug addiction
- Family crises
- Crises and cultural issues
- Identify what constitutes a crisis and to discuss methods of crisis intervention
- Discuss current ethical, professional and legal implications of crisis intervention.
- Explain the dangers posed by crises to the individual, the counsellor and those around them during crisis intervention, and to determine effective modes of intervention.
- Identify and explain crises evolving from a developmental perspective.
- Explain the symptoms, treatment options and possible outcomes of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Describe the effect of violence and sexual assault on the individual and possible modes of intervention.
- Explain the relationship between crises and drug dependence.
- Discuss the major issues that arise in family crises and appropriate methods of intervention.
- Discuss cultural influences on crisis situations.
For More information, or to enrol simply request a Free information pack or enquire below or view our website at: