An introduction to horticulture.
Gain a broad technical grounding in horticultural principles and practice. The ideal course for the beginner, this is a basic, yet thoroughly practical course.A section of each lesson involves plant identification.
This subject has been written to teach horticulture in a way that is relevant to all parts of the world. It puts aside regional techniques, and tries to teach you principles and concepts which can be applied to anywhere. Study with the support of experienced and highly qualified tutors. Available as online course, or by correspondence. Payment Plans available.
There are 13 lessons in this course:
- Plant Identification
- Recognising Plant Families and Identifying Plants
- Plant Nutrition
- Water Management
- Garden Maintenance and Weeds
- Pests and Diseases
- Distinguish between different plants, to enable identification of the plant species.
- Explain appropriate procedures for establishing a range of plants in different conditions.
- Describe the characteristics of plant growing media necessary for healthy plant growth.
- Explain the characteristics of plant nutrition necessary for healthy plant growth.
- Determine appropriate water management procedures for healthy plant growth.
- Understand appropriate procedures for pruning plants on a horticultural site.
- Determine solutions for the management of a range of common weeds.
- Determine solutions for the management of a range of common pests and diseases.
- Prepare a concept plan for the development of a garden.
- Understand commonly used plant propagation techniques.
- Develop guidelines for general lawn care.
- Develop guidelines for general tree care in a horticultural situation.
For More information, or to enrol simply request a Free information pack or enquire below or view our website at: