Learn to recognise and manage symptoms of stress in yourself and others.
This course is equally relevant for self improvement, or professional development (for any allied health professionals such as counsellors, life coaches, fitness instructors or nutrition consultants) and supervisors.
Mode: Online, Correspondence
Payment: From $50.00 AUD week
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Body Changes
- The fight or flight response; the stress and immune system; long term problems; sources of stress
- Easy Living
- Anxiety; panic; fear; controlling stress; goal setting; relaxation
- Pills and Alcohol
- Drugs and alcohol; smoking; seeking help
- Self Esteem
- Self esteem; social support;
- Managing Your Own Career
- Career goals; career management
- Security and Decision Making
- Self assurance; decision making; problem solving
- Relaxation and Nutrition
- Relaxation; we are what we eat; nutrition, diet and weight loss
- Personality and Stress
- Type A and Type B personalities; personality types and stress; personal style inventory
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Identify changes that occur to the body as stress develops.
- Identify the relationship between lifestyle and stress.
- Discuss the impact of legal drugs on the psychology of a person.
- Discuss the importance of self esteem in minimizing stress.
- Determine options for career management that will minimize potential for stress.
- Identify and address security issues that impact on stress levels.
- Identify aspects of relaxation and nutrition in a person’s life that may impact upon stress levels.
- Identify the relationship between stress and personality type.
For More information, or to enrol simply request a Free information pack or enquire below or view our website at: