Home Study Weed Control Course -http://www.careerlinecourses.com/weed-control-bht209-course.htm
Learn to identify and employ different methods of weed control.
- Understand weed control.
- Develop your knowledge of weed control methods.
- Taught by horticulture experts.
- Study in your own time at your own pace.
This course provides valuable learning for land managers, farmers, gardeners, orchardists, market gardeners, landscapers, spray contractors, nurserymen or anyone else concerned with the control of weeds.
There are 7 lessons in this course:
Weed Control Methods
- review of the system of plant identification
- general characteristics of the weeds
Chemical Weed Control
- practical research on management of weeds
- understanding terminology and the use of mulches
Weed Control In Specific Situations
- review of commercial and domestic herbicides
- determining what differentiates them, their availability and use.
Safe Chemical Application
- understanding weed control strategies for particular situations
- accessing first hand information about weed control from industry leaders
- determining a weed control program for five different sites.
Non-Chemical Weed Control
- reviewing what types of chemicals and application methods are used in the industry
- the required safety procedures for the handling and administrating chemical herbicides.
Developing A Major Weed Control Program
- determining any detrimental effects chemical herbicides have on the environment
- reviewing non-chemical applications and their effectiveness.
- devise a weed management plan for a designated area.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school\\\'s tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.