Home Study Weed Control Course -http://www.careerlinecourses.com.au/weed-control-courses-online-distance-learning.htm
Learn to identify and employ different methods of weed control.
- Understand weed control.
- Develop your knowledge of weed control methods.
- Taught by horticulture experts.
- Study in your own time at your own pace.
This course provides valuable learning for land managers, farmers, gardeners, orchardists, market gardeners, landscapers, spray contractors, nurserymen or anyone else concerned with the control of weeds.
There are 7 lessons in this course:
- Weed Identification
- review of the system of plant identification
- general characteristics of the weeds
- Weed Control Methods
- practical research on management of weeds
- understanding terminology and the use of mulches
- Chemical Weed Control
- review of commercial and domestic herbicides
- determining what differentiates them, their availability and use.
- Weed Control In Specific Situations
- understanding weed control strategies for particular situations
- accessing first hand information about weed control from industry leaders
- determining a weed control program for five different sites.
- Safe Chemical Application
- reviewing what types of chemicals and application methods are used in the industry
- the required safety procedures for the handling and administrating chemical herbicides.
- Non-Chemical Weed Control
- determining any detrimental effects chemical herbicides have on the environment
- reviewing non-chemical applications and their effectiveness.
- Developing A Major Weed Control Program
- devise a weed management plan for a designated area.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Distinguish between different types of weeds, and identify common weed species, growing in your locality.
- Explain the characteristics of different weed control methods.
- Explain the use of chemical herbicides to control weeds.
- Specify appropriate weed control methods, for different types of situations.
- Determine appropriate techniques for the safe application of chemical herbicide in a specific situation.
- Explain different non-chemical weed control methods.
- Devise appropriate methods for control of weeds, for specific problems, in both the horticultural and agricultural industries
- Determine a detailed weed control program for a significant weed problem.