Advanced Certificate In Applied Plant Science
Develop a foundation for applying plant science in commercial situations. Many industries offer significant employment or business opportunities for people who have a moderate understanding of plant science, provided this knowledge is accompanied with a real sense of how it can be applied for commercial benefit in the real world. Unfortunately scientific training is often either too theoretical (lacking relevance to commerce), or too strongly skills based (ie. how to perform tasks without a solid understanding of the science behind the task).
The certificate consists of 4 core modules, 4 elective modules modules and either 100 hour Industry Meetings or Research Project 1.ModulesCore Modules
These modules provide foundation knowledge for the Advanced Certificate In Applied Plant Science.
- Biochemistry I (Plants) BSC102
- Botany I (Plant Physiology And Taxonomy) BSC104
- Trees For Rehabilitation BHT205
- Professional Practice For Consultants BBS301
Studied after the core modules, stream modules cover more specific or niche subjects.
- Research Project I BGN102
In addition to the core modules, students study any 4 of the following 6 modules.
- Biochemistry II (Plant & Animal) BSC203
- Botany II (Plant Growth and Development) BSC204
- Plant Breeding BHT236
- Biochemistry III (Plant Processes) BSC302
- Plant Ecology BSC305
- Tissue Culture BHT306