Learn to Manage Food Toxicity and Nutrition Disorders and Medical Conditions.
This course explains the principles of food intolerances, detoxification, food combining and dietary programs. It gives information on the management of foods to optimize health as well as covering different ways of eating, food toxicity, and detoxification. This course completes the knowledge build up in Nutrition I and II, and also can stand alone as a nutrition programs course.Lesson Structure
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Nutrient Imbalance and Disease
- Dental Problems
- Fibre and Bowel Diseases
- Different Ways of Eating
- Food Toxicity: Sensitivity
- Food Toxicity: Toxicity
- Detoxification/Body Cleansing
- Consulting/Giving Advice
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.Aims
- Explain different food related health problems.
- Determine the effect which different physical methods of food intake, can have upon health, including time and order of eating, and chewing.
- Manage food sensitivity problems.
- Implement procedures to avoid food poisoning.
- List food related factors which can have a negative influence on health.
- Distinguish between characteristics of the diets of two healthy people with diets of unhealthy people, studied by the learner.
- Differentiate between dietary and other affects, on the health of a specific individual.
- Explain the significance of cholesterol to health of a specific demographic group.
- Explain the significance of diet to cancer in a specified demographic group.
- Compare differences in physiological responses to different patterns of eating, including: *The order in which different types of food are eaten; * The time of day when different types of food are eaten; *The degree to which different types of foods are chewed; *The speed of swallowing; *The amount of time between eating different food types.