A firm understanding of good nutrition is one of the best ways to prevent and manage many lifestyle diseases that affect us. Nutritionists and natural health practitioners assist patients, friends and family to create and maintain a healthy lifestyle, and to restore their energy and wellbeing, through good healthy nutrition. Nutrition feeds the body, mind and spiritual wellbeing. Adequate nutrition can assist in the recovery from minor or major health conditions, from recurrent colds to chronic diseases, and establish the foundation of healthy fulfilled and meaningful lives.
On completing this course, students will have automatically gain credit with Health Schools Australia for enrolment into their national recognised Advanced Diploma in Nutritional Medicine.Lesson Structure
To obtain this certificate you must satisfactorily complete all set tasks and assessments of ten (10) core modules.
Note that each module in the Diploma is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.
On completing this course, students will have automatically gain credit with Health Schools Australia for enrolment into their national recognised Advanced Diploma in Nutritional Medicine.Aims
- Contribute to effective workplace relationships.
- Develop professional expertise.
- Manage a practice.
- Communicate effectively with clients/patients.
- Make referrals to other health care professionals when appropriate.
- Apply advanced first aid (O/S).
- Apply basic first aid.
- Contribute to organisational effectiveness in the health industry.
- Provide leadership in the health industry.
- Develop a natural health assessment framework.
- Apply elementary Patho physiological research to client assessment.
- Manage work within a natural health framework.
- Research human health issues and apply results to client assessment.
- Advise clients on appropriate preventative health strategy.
- Provide advice on nutritional supplementation.
- Analyse clinical tests to assist diagnosis.
- Provide basic counselling.