Health and Fitness are simply some of many the different words used to describe people being in good condition. There are many different services and products on offer which promise to improve or maintain a state of wellbeing, and any (or all) of these goods and services might be considered to be part of the health and fitness industry. These can include things as variable as medical services through to fitness, sport, recreation and food. There are three aspects to health:
- Emotional or Mental health (Healthy thoughts & attitudes)
- Structural Health (The health of the body is structurally sound -the bones, muscles, organs etc. are physically in good condition -not damaged -performing the functions they should perform)
- Chemical Health (The chemicals in our body are correct - there are no toxic chemicals -the tissues are made up of the appropriate balance of nutrients etc.).
This course builds on that simple concept.Lesson Structure
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Introduction and Overview
- Modern Lifestyle Problems
- Human Nutrition
- Healthy Eating
- Stress Management
- Preventative Health
- Alternative Medicine
- Basic First Aid
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.