This course is your first step toward an in depth understanding of human nutrition.
It provides complimentary skills for people involved with food and health across a very wide range of vocations, for example, health or fitness professionals, chef's, food sales staff, carers ...
This course should be viewed as a starting point for persons wanting to work more specifically in the field of nutrition and also provides the individual with the knowledge needed to better manage their own diet, not just the diets of those around them.Important: To work as a nutritionist or prescribe food supplements in most developed countries you will be required to do more study than the 100 hours in this course. This 100 hour short course is often used as part of Certificates and Diplomas in Nutrition.Lesson Structure
There are 9 lessons in this course:
- Introduction to Nutrition
- The Digestive System
- Absorption & Enzymes
- Energy Value of Foods
- Carbohydrates and Fats
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Nutrient Disorders
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.Aims
- Explain the role of different food types in human health.
- Explain the physiology of digestive processes.
- Recommend appropriate intake of vitamins.
- Recommend appropriate intake of minerals.
- Recommend appropriate food intake to meet an individual's energy needs.
- Recommend appropriate carbohydrate intake.
- Recommend appropriate fat intake.
- Recommend appropriate protein intake.
- Recommend appropriate water intake in different situations.
- Recognise signs and symptoms of the major nutrient disorders.