Become a qualified counsellor. The course provides an opportunity to interact with and learn from very successful, highly qualified and experienced professionals. It also allows you to enter one of the fastest growing professions. Students will complete the following units:
- Introducing Counselling Skills
- Maintaining Good Practice
- Qualities, Skills, and Knowledge for Listening
- Recognising Your Own Barriers to Listening
- Establishing a Helping Relationship
- Counselling Practise 1: Beginning the Discussion
- Counselling Practise 2: Deepening Understanding
- Counselling Practise 3: Working with Action and Endings
- Being Prepared for Common Personal Problems
- Understanding People from a Social Perspective
- Understanding Individuals from a Psychological Perspective
- Coping with Different Types of Helping Conversations
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT?
- Dealing with Difficulties
- Fast track your career as a counsellor
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a counselling pro in months not years!
- Study a counselling course that was designed in conjunction with senior members of the profession
- Free up valuable time, don't wast time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
- The employment rate for counsellors exceeds the national average.
- Just 70% of counsellors are employed full-time, making it an ideal occupation for those seeking flexible work hours.
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as $49 per week
If you want to become a counsellor, this course is for you! Hundreds of thousands of citizens rely on counselling services every year. As social pressure increases, access to trained, trusted counsellors becomes more difficult.
For empathetic, committed people, there can be few more rewarding careers than that of a counsellor. Having the skill to listen, a personality that genuinely cares about the issues of others and the training to offer appropriate, helpful advice means that counsellors are an indispensable, much-valued part of modern life.
There has never been a better time for you to become a counsellor. This is evidenced by the Bureau of Statistics Labour Force Survey, which highlighted that over the last few years the counselling profession has grown at a rate of 23.1%; outgrowing all other occupations by more than 200%. And the industry employing counsellors, the Community Services and Health Sector, is predicted to be the fastest growth industry over the next 5 years.
The demand for counsellors creates significant opportunity for you in this rewarding field. As a counsellor you can be employed in the Community Services and Health fields, or even set up your own private practice. Either way, you can make a real difference helping people in your community.
Graduates find that their new knowledge and skills makes them suitable for positions in: Counselling (eg. Family counselling, Grief counselling, Conflict resolution, Education counselling etc), welfare and social work, education, sports coaching, life coaching, personal training, rehabilitation and health care, mental illness, marketing and sales, industrial relations and management.COURSE LEVELS EXPLAINED
This course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma depending on which level you enrol at. The different levels are achieved by the amount of course content and assessments involved within each module at the basic (Certificate), intermediate (Diploma) and advanced (Advanced Diploma) levels. You will be able to learn about what the difference is between the three levels below:
1. Certificate: represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge. Suitable for basic entry level positions.
2. Diploma: qualifications recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
3. Advanced Diploma: The graduate is able to apply a significant range of principles and techniques across various contexts and functions. Graduates can expect to be involved in significant judgments, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.CUT OFF DATE FOR THE NEXT INTAKE
Visit the following web page and scroll down to the bottom to find out when the next enrolment cut off date is:
Places are limited, in demand and entry into the course is on a first come first served basis.
Your enrolment is processed and acknowledged within 24 hours of the Institute receiving your application. You can expect to receive your course within days of enrolling. When you start your ICI course its at your own pace and you determine when you finish. Don't miss out. Enrol today!
HOW TO ENROL
1. Enrol Online
The fastest way is to enrol online. Your details are kept secure and we don't share them with anyone.
To enrol online:
1. Visit: www.ici.net.au/Counselling-Psychology-Course
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page
3. Click on the enrol now button
4. Complete the secure online form.
2. Enrol via the Phone
Call: 1300 131 582