Interested in animals? Would you like to increase your knowledge of animal health for your own personal use, or even as a platform to further education?
Whatever you goal, the Animal Health Care course is a great way to get you started. Learn to care for the health of any type of animal (with a focus on mammals and birds) and understand the scope of services offered by animal care services, including veterinary practices.
This course is appropriate for anyone interested in working with animals, such as on a farm, a in a wildlife park or veterinary practice.
Lifestyle Learning Direct's Animal Health Care course is a sound foundation course, designed to cover most of what is found in a typical veterinary assistant's course in many countries around the world. Plus, as your course is delivered by distance education, there are no timetables to adhere to so your study can fit around your current lifestyle.
Introduction to Animal Health Care To be able to describe the scope of services offered by animal care services, including veterinary practices.
Common Health Problems in Farm Animals and Pets Describe common health problems in various animals, including injuries & diseases ...
* causes of ill health
* problems in family pets Animal Behaviour Explain the natural behaviour of different types of domestic animals in different situations.
* natural behaviour of animals
* problems in wild animals
* behaviour in domestic animals Signs of Ill Health Identify common signs of ill health in different animals.
* vital signs
* the healthy animal
* signs & symptoms of disease
* diagnosis & control of diseases Veterinary Facilities Describe the purposes of different facilities used in veterinary practice.
* the first aid kit
* enclosures for animals Safety Procedures Determine safety procedures for a veterinary practice.
* workplace safety
* health & safety for veterinary practices Administration of Animal Health Describe different administration procedures in a veterinary practice.
* animal insurance
* legal considerations
* managing a veterinary office Animal First Aid Describe/select first aid procedures/treatments for different animals in response to common health problems in animals.
* types of wounds
* treatments Preventative Health Care Describe requirements for maintaining good health in domestic animals, including nutrition & preventative medicine.
* preventing ill health
* vaccinations Routine Health Treatments To develop an understanding of routine treatments for healthy animals.
* managing a pregnancy
* euthanasia Health Problems in Domestic Pets To develop a broader awareness of health problems and their treatment in domestic pets.
* ticks * Australian animals
* fish Rehabilitation Care To develop skills in caring for animals prior to, during or after treatment.